Monday, January 14, 2008

Stay At Home Mom


It's official, I have turned in my notice to school that I will not be returning in the fall. I absolutely love being a stay at home mom. I know this is God's plan for my life right now and I feel very at peace with this decision.


The way I see it, I am still teaching - I just have 1 student (Laney) instead of 25! I like that a lot! Plus there are no papers to grade or meetings to attend! Laney is at such a fun age - 8 months now - we keep very busy reading books, crawling around, singing, and playing together.


Just this month I have started caring for a 3 month old girl. It has been going well, but it certainly is different with 2! She sleeps and smiles a lot! Laney likes to look at her and talk to her. It will only get better the more they are able to interact with each other. So far, so good!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Yeah for staying home! I knew you'd love it!

Kristin said...

Hey Julie,
I feel the same way as you do! I don't know why any teacher would turn down the opportunity to have a one-on-one "teaching" situation where you intimately know the child(ren) and her needs and can meet them! I love being at home with Cora, too! It's such a blessing.